Friday, June 27, 2014

Remembering a Legend

I know that it's only been 5 years since the King of Pop's death, (and that the anniversary was two days ago) but still even in the short amount of time that he was alive, he was able to inspire people through his talent, and also bring them together through his music.

What?!?!? I'm a triplet? Cool! Let's boogie.
He had a very tough life, constantly being in the spotlight since he was young. And it seemed as if he never really got used to being in the spotlight, due to his shy personality. But of course, all that would change when he got on stage. His performer persona would take over and he would dazzle the world with whatever nuances that he could come up with.

He was an amazing man, a humble person, and a well-put together person overall. He constantly spread his message of love, and to many, they shared and believed in this belief wholeheartedly. But to others, they took it as a form of weakness and as a way to take advantage of such a great man.

Unfortunately, I haven't been alive long enough to really benefit from Michael Jackson's life and legacy, (I was in eighth grade when he died) but I do know that even though his life has ended, his legacy will continue live on forever in everyone's hearts, whether s/he liked him or not.

Like for example, have you seen this video?


Don't act like you weren't excited about that?!?!
(But he looks like he's stuck in the 80's/90's?)

I'm ecstatic about Michael Jackson's 2nd posthumous album, (I already owned the first one *cough* and all of his other ones...) but is this really what Michael would've wanted? Frankly, in my opinion, I think that Michael would've been happy with whatever choices are done with his music as long as there are people to listen to it. The only thing I guess he wouldn't be happy about, is that he wouldn't be able to actually go through the process of making, editing, and improving the tracks himself. Since he was such a perfectionist.

Look! Even his teeth were perfect!

Personally, I'm a little conflicted when it comes to Michael's "new" songs, because when they get released as an album, the profits usually go toward the artist, or the artist's family, but where else does it go to? I guess that just shows my ignorance, but no one releases albums for "charity," unless it makes the people releasing it money right?

Whatever the case, I'm glad that even though it's been 5 years, he's still "alive" in people's hearts and as long as his music exists, he will continue to be.

I'm alive! But don't worry, cuz you'll never find me! Hahaha!

But on a side note: NO ONE messes with the classics... That'll be all.

No comments:

Post a Comment