Friday, January 15, 2016

Okay, so how do blogs work again?

Hey guys! Wassup? It certainly has been a while hasn't it?

Yeah so, the reason for my very prominent absence from the internets has to do with a lot of things:
  • Laziness
  • Forgetfulness
  • Science overload
  • Writing overload
  • The fear of my hands falling off because of all this overload
  • Short-term memory
  • Having terrible "Random Access Memory" (a.k.a: having a great idea for a blog post and either proceeding to write that idea down somewhere and forgetting what you saved the idea as on your computer, or failing to write down the idea in the first place because you happen to think of the idea in the worst place imaginable--e.g. while taking a shower, taking an exam, while pulling all-nighters)
  • Not wanting to clog the internet with my amazingness
  • Doing super-duper important research at Johns Hopkins *wink wink* (I guess I'll have to explain how that happened at some point in time...)
 But mostly it has to do with the question that I posed at the beginning here.

So how do blogs work?


I don't think anyone really has a clear idea of how, because when I first started out researching what to do to start a blog I got a whole mess of stuff talking about how "if you want to be successful you gotta pay for stuff."

And I'm not about that life...

Except when it's free
When I started my blog I wanted it to be for the sake of writing whatever the heck I wanted whenever I wanted, but then as I did more research on blogging I saw that bloggers usually fell into some sort of "niche."

Having a semi-background in Biology surely didn't help here because this type of niche referred to a topic in which I had knowledge in... which technically are a lot of things... but at the same time they were all things that I didn't really want to blog about (not all the time at least...)?

Should I blog about Science? English? Both? French? I don't know if I can think of ideas to write about either of those things.... My classes already fry my brain enough
My mother was the driving force behind me starting a blog all those years ago, back in 2014. She gave me plenty of ideas of what to do for my blog, but otherwise once again I was back at the starting block since I thought that none of the ideas really defined what niche I wanted to go into.

Did I even really want to go into a niche? Not really... Besides the point that I didn't really even understand what focusing a niche really meant. Wouldn't you get tired talking about the same thing over and over again? But I guess if you really loved the topic I guess you wouldn't.

What do I blog about?

Ugh predicaments...

Couldn't I just write just to write?

Then my mother, along with a couple of my friends gave me a couple of new ideas to throw around.

Write stories. Talk about things that are dear to your heart. Write about things that you know will benefit others.

I didn't know what to do with those thoughts at the time, until I saw a blog that really inspired me.

Then I (kinda) knew what I had to do next. Do what I wanted to all this time: Write for the sake of writing. Write to help others and for the benefit of others. Which is totally what I try to do (except when I'm writing about fridges lol).

I have no problems with writing (unless I'm facing that accursed writer's block)... But of course as I'm writing random thoughts pop into my head such as:
  • Does what I'm writing make sense?
  • Am I writing too much?
  • Does it matter if I post at 12 AM or 12 PM?
  • Will people hate me if I started posting "food selfies"?
  • Does it matter that barely anyone reads my posts?
  • How many times a day/a week/a month/a year am I supposed to post a blog post?
  • Does it really matter to know the difference between HTML and CSS?
  • Do I really have to finish [insert assignment name here] by tomorrow?
  • Did my brothers leave the toilet seat up again?
  • What anime/k-drama haven't I watched yet?
But as I finish my post those thoughts leave my mind, I read over my post and I think to myself: "Wow. This is my work. Looks like complete crap, but hey I'll post it anyway, someone's bound to like it!"

Totally kidding! :P

Everything I write is a total masterpiece! (You can ask, like, all my professors and my friends and my parents to back me up on that one hehe)

But seriously, how do blogs work again?

I just thought she'd be appropriate to place here for some reason...
Some Extra Stuff (that makes me awesome):
Music that I'm into right now: BlackStar Theme - Never Lose Myself
Being who I am, I'll never lose sight of where I want to go and who I want to be

No comments:

Post a Comment