Sunday, November 30, 2014

What?? Hatsune Miku was on David Letterman?!

OMG! Okay so this post was literally almost 2 months in the making... I was going to post this the day after I heard that Miku was going to be on David Letterman, but of course my sense of time completely skewed.... I wanted to write about Vocaloids which are one of my favorite things to talk about to anyone, so I couldn't just abandon this post! So instead of a commentary on Hatsune Miku on The Late Show with David Letterman (which is what this post was going to be originally) I decided to make this a post about how much I love Vocaloids, how they are important in today's pop culture and how people should just stop hatin' and appreciate Japan's gift to the world haha! I realize that at this point I'm never going to post anything when I say I'm going to post them so please bear with me and keep reading whenever I post! I was going to write a blog post about the 2PM GO CRAZY tour that came here to Jersey, but that's past too (November 15th). (You should still watch the Go Crazy music video) Oh well... Anyway here's my post on Vocaloids!! 
*****


Okay, Okay! I know that this was like forever ago (okay so, it was October 8th), but did you see Hatsune Miku on The Late Show with David Letterman??


I was just going to link the video for you guys to click on, but why not just watch the video here?

When I first read about this online, I was beside myself in excitement and overall estaticness!!! HOMAHGLOBOMG!!!!
     

I love the fact that Miku is finally here for her expo in New York and Los Angeles, (which by now... I know it has passed a loooooooooooooooooong time ago and if I wasn't a broke college student I would've totally gone!) making her official debut in America!! I'm so excited that more people will be exposed to something that I've loved for years, introducing a new genre in music and a new era in what could be holographic musical entertainment. 

Of course if you guys remember my last post on Michael Jackson, you've probably seen that music video which features "him" as a "holographic" performer seemingly raised from the dead. If not, then I've linked the video here.

Going back to Hatsune Miku though, I'm not sure that a lot of people were/are as excited as I am about this wonderful development. And that's unfortunate. In Miku's defense, I don't think that this song, "Sharing the World" really shows what Miku is truly capable of... Plus! Where are the other vocaloids? Yes, if you didn't already know already there are other vocaloids!!

For the sake of simplicity I'm going to say that Hatsune Miku, Megurine Luka, Kagamine Rin and Len, and Kaito are the "main" ones... There are still others, but that's where it gets kind of complicated, but that's still the beauty of Vocaloids! They are so diverse in vocal ranges and personalities that you can't help but to fall in love with each one of them, even if they aren't necessarily flesh and blood. 

There's still even MORE!!!! And I love every single one of them!!!!!

I mean people love Mickey Mouse even though he's just a cartoon... you don't see people bashing Mickey Mouse because he "isn't real," so I don't understand when people say that people shouldn't like Hatsune Miku or other vocaloids because they are "artificial."


 I understand that people like different things. We're all human beings, we're all entitled to our opinions, but when your formed opinion is made to hurt others and to make them feel bad about/question their likes then that's going a little bit too far... But I guess that's just my opinion.

I was going to go with this gif, but Miku is way too cultured to deal with your pathetic Haterade
Anyways, going back to my original point, I think that if you were to introduce something that a majority has not yet been exposed to, you should at least try to knock the socks off of these people. If you watched the full video of Miku on David Letterman, you could probably tell that even David was not impressed. And I guess I would've been like that too if that was the first time that I was exposed to a vocaloid... (Hahahahaha! Nope. Definitely not.)

They (as in the people promoting Miku) could've done something like when they first introduced Miku to the states. The "theme song" used at that time ("World is Mine") is one of my favorite songs and it kind of reminds me of when Madonna first came on the scene and said that all she wanted to do was to "rule the world." (I of course was not born when she said this, but hey those are just minor details...Heh heh) 

To tell the truth, when I first heard the song "Sharing the World," I legitimately thought that the words were in Japanese, but then I remembered that Miku has a pretty strong Japanese accent. And that's what makes Miku "human" in a sense because if we were to go over to the realm of K-Pop artists for example, we all know that some people can speak English with better accents than other people and that's not only natural, but also effing adorable

Ahhhhhhhhh! I just want to take Key and Minho and squeezeeeeeee them both.... preferably before they lose consciousness...

Going back to Vocaloids, the same could be said about Miku and the others. Miku happens to have a very thick accent and her accent carries over when she either speaks or sings in English. Other Vocaloids have less of that problem and they sound really great singing in English. That's once again what makes each Vocaloid special and different

Also have you ever seen Hatsune Miku perform? 

Look! There she is performing with Luka!
She is a born performer, so she could've easily brought down the house with her dazzling moves! Of course put on a small stage in New York, I guess there's only so much you could do... Here's one of my favorite performances with Miku performing live!

I already explained that Vocaloids are special and different and diverse, but did you know that Vocaloids sing about a whole variety of topics? Of course they stay in the category of J-Pop music, but they sing about a whole variety of issues that could range from:


Vocaloids are versatile and the people who developed/adapt upon the Vocaloid software are artists in their own right and they along with the Vocaloids themselves deserve to recognized as what will become (and what probably is) the wave of the future.

And so begins the Vocaloid invasion!!
That's all of what I really wanted to say about Vocaloids, but let me at least leave you with my top 10 favorite Vocaloid songs!! (I was going to say 5, but then that changed to top 10... but knowing myself the number of favorite songs would continue to grow exponentially... better to stop at 10 before the number turns into my top 50, y'know what I'm saying?)  

Screw all that, do you know how long it took me to come up with the top 10? I couldn't pick 10 for the life of me, so I decided to turn it into a top 45 list!! (Asking me which is my favorite Vocaloid song is like asking me which is my favorite Michael Jackson song... Don't ask, I'll have a nervous breakdown in my mind) Haha... Yeah I know, I probably need a life instead of losing my hair over what makes it into my favorite songs list... Anyway without further ado:

My Top 10 TOP 45 Favorite Vocaloid Songs!
(In no certain order...)
  1. Love is War (Hatsune Miku)
  2. Purple Butterfly on your Right Shoulder (Kagamine Rin and Len)
  3. Meltdown (Kagamine Rin)
  4. Rolling Girl (Hatsune Miku)
  5. Matryoshka (Hatsune Miku and Gumi)
  6. The Monster without a Name -  Namae No Nai Kaibutsu (Yuzki Yukari) (Watch the original music video by EGOIST!) (Also see the ending of Psycho pass) Can someone tell me how Psycho pass is? I want an honest opinion about this anime so I know whether or not I want to watch it  >_<
  7. See the Lights (IA)
  8. Luka Luka Night Fever (Megurine Luka)
  9. LUVORATORRRRRY! (Gumi and Kagamine Rin) (The title of this song goes back to what I said earlier about the Japanese language)
  10. Ievan Polkka (Hatsune Miku)
  11. World’s End Dance hall (Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka)
  12. Reboot (Megurine Luka, Hatsune Miku, and Samune Zimi)
  13. Ai Dee (Luka and Miku)
  14. Girls (IA) (Click here to watch the real-life version of this dance! Could someone tell me where to get the second girl's outfit?)
  15. Wonderful Nippon (Miku, Rin, and Gumi)
  16. Can’t I even dream? (Miku)
  17. Chronophobia (Rin)
  18. Carnival (Gumi)
  19. Viva Happy (Hatsune Miku)
  20. Typewriter (Kasane Teto)
  21. Wave (Gumi IA)?
  22. Lovelessxxx (Kaito, Kagamine Len, Gackpo)
  23. Donut Hole (Gumi... Here's a version that has English subs, if you're picky about that kind of thing...)
  24. Heaven and Hell (Rin and Len)
  25. Love and Joy  (Plus Naruto version because who doesn't love Naruto!! Yeah there's an Attack on Titan version too, but it's just not as awesome :-P )
  26. Gigantic OTN (Plus Naruto Version and if you want to understand what the heck Len's singing about here's the English subbed version)
  27. Bad Apple ( Just watch the "Bad Naruto" Version thanks to the wonderful animation by Nesierax!)
  28. +♂ Plus Boy (Kagamine Len feat. Girls) (Plus ARSMAGNA dance version)
  29. Aria of the Planets (IA)
  30. Eden (IA) (Doesn't it sound like at one point that IA says "fishstick?"
  31. Rin-Chan Nau! (Miku and Luka) (Plus (Free!) Iwatobi Swim club version)
  32. Panda Hero (Gumi! But it has other peeps in there too)
  33. Pomp and Circumstance (Luka, Miku, Rin, IA, and Gumi) Yeah I could've given you the English subbed version, but I like the one that has Gintoki and Hijikata in it.
  34. Sincerity Nature: Drastic Measures of Ignorance (Kagamine Rin and Len)
  35. Superhero (Len)
  36. Party Junkie (Miku)
  37. Party x Party (Miku, Len, Rin, Kaito, Luka, Meiko) (If you've watched this then you'd probably know this series as well!)
  38. One Two Three (Vocaloid Girls) 
  39. Pokerface (IA, Miku, Gumi, Hood Miku) 
  40. Hop! Step! Instant Death! (Miku) (Check out the rest of the "Happiness Series" by UtadaP! I know there's a full video with all the songs, but YouTube isn't cooperating with me lol)
  41. Even as a Female Ninja I want to Love (Miku, Rin)
  42. StarLily Dance Performance Capital  Onibi Series
  43. Here and There (Rin)
  44. Meteor (Miku)
  45. Circus Monster (Luka)
**As a bonus, here's a mystery song!**


    
And Now It's time for a whole bunch of vocaloid gifs and pics (okay maybe just a few)!

Yay! Vocaloids!!
(I really hope that that is NOT Len who's standing next to Rin with brown hair.... No. Just NO. )
Do you like Vocaloids? Do you want to suggest some new songs and videos to watch to me? Say so in the comments!!

Did you not like any of my songs in my TOP 45 list?



I couldn't care less... I have better things to do with my time than to worry about your opinion >__<


Just in case you needed a refresher on everyone's names...



P.S: Did you know that this is not even the first time that Miku has been introduced into American media? There are even video games chronicling Miku's and her friends adventures in the form of musical rhythm action games! I soooooo wish that I had a PlayStation Anything so I could play these games.... *sigh*

Random Useless Trivia about me: My favorite vocaloids btw are Gumi, Luka, Rin and Len, Miku, and IA!


Side Note 2: On a completely unrelated note...Have you also seen this song?

Side Note 3: Oh! You have to also see this video on how our Elders react to Vocaloids!

Side Note 4: If you noticed that you can see some text while going over some links, it only means one thing. I HAVE FINALLY MASTERED THE INTERNETS!! Nah jk... I just looked up how to put mouseover text in Html, but don't worry maybe one day I'll take over the internet!

I'm djbulbaczar! Imma take over the world one day, bruh!


Side Note 4: May I just mention that Google tried to auto-correct Hatsune Miku as "Sunhat Mike"?? Whaaaat? No Google. Just NO. Stop trying to ruin people's lives with your corrections... Apple's done it countless times... Not you too Google... "Sunhat Mike" conjures up the image of an obese southern white guy who you happen to always see sitting in the exact same seat on the same public bus that he always takes, always sleeping with a sunhat covering his face.
Here's what I imagine "Sunhat Mike" looks like

(Edited Pictures | Original Sources: Fat guy sitting in chair, Hatsune Miku Head, Sunhat)


No comments:

Post a Comment