Tuesday, July 15, 2014

This is not Really a Blog Post, but an Update

I'm sorry that it's been about 8 days since my last post, but a lot of things have come up. I noticed that since I haven't posted anything, my site views have gone down (like I had that many..). I just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't forsaken this blog yet! Don't worry!

For the last 5 days I've become the battleground of a fierce battle between my immune system and this really terrible mysterious cold/flu/sandpaper throat/feeling-like-a-rubber-chicken syndrome. I feel like I'm suffering from every single infectious disease known to man and it sucks!

I think my body's confused. I'm hot then I'm cold. I'm dizzy. I have no sense of smell. I feel like I have cotton balls stuffed up my nostrils. I feel like I'm dying. I feel like those floppy balloon things that you find in front of car dealers. I am constantly at risk of "dying" from asphyxiation by phlegm. My nose is now the 8th wonder of the world, next to Niagara Falls. I am in desperate need of sleep. My parents have constantly threatened to kill me if I don't allow them to sleep. I also think that I've probably coughed up a whole bunch of vital organs, which I probably don't need, because I haven't died yet (Y'know like your heart and lungs?).

But you know what makes things even worse? At the moment I have no Health Insurance (Right at the perfect moment right?). Because I'm apparently too old (19) to stay under my parent's Insurance. (Obamacare is looking pretty appealing right now...) So, now I'm also playing the "waiting game" to see if I get accepted.

Other than that, I'm great! And I'm trying to get back on track and writing new posts. I have so many ideas, but right now, with my extremely clouded brain, I can't remember any of them. So, stay tuned!  Or rather just sit in front of your computer screen, holding your breath until I write a new post.

P.S: I'm eating lots and lots of vegetables and soup and instant noodles. Plus I'm also drinking lots of water and tea, so hopefully I get better soon.

UPDATE: So yesterday (2 days later) I went to the doctor's office and I was prescribed a whole bunch of medications, including antibiotics (which immediately told me that it was definitely more serious than a cold). I found out that I have Sinusitis, which is an infection where your sinuses (which are supposed to be empty) fill up with liquid and then drain into your ears, nose, throat and lungs. (If everything is being drained why do I still feel like a clogged-up pipe?)  So, now I'm all drugged up and on the road to recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment